After 50 years of prayer by the Church of Jesus Christ in the USA and the world, the US Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade on Friday 24 June 2022. The decision dismantled 50 years of legal protection for the right to abortion in the US, and now individual American states can curtail or ban abortion.
We thank God for those who never gave up and persisted in faith, and kept following the Lord in standing for life in the face of fierce persecution. The ruling overturning Roe was made by righteous judges upholding true justice for the people — in this case, the innocent unborn of the USA.
The changing laws in each US state are still in progress, and we pray that more righteous leaders be established, and that those who promote the aborting of babies be removed from positions of power.
In times past, those of faith overcame:
“By faith these people overthrew kingdoms, ruled with justice, and received what God had promised them. They shut the mouths of lions.”
~ Hebrews 11:33 (NLT)
It’s time for Australian leaders to rule with justice for the unborn. We are living in times when leaders can no longer call themselves Christians and vote for the babies of our nation to be denied the right to live. It is time to shut the devourer’s mouth, and for those who hold positions that promote evil to be removed, and an establishment of those who will bring justice for our future generations.
“Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.”
~ 1 Peter 5:8 (NKJV)[Sober here can also mean self-controlled and vigilant, watchful.]
Ecclesia, there has never been a more important time than now for the church to be self-controlled and keep watch. We have seen a persistent radical push for death in our nation where the very young and the very old are the first to lose their right to life.
Since the overturning of Roe, just forty-four days later Canberra passed its law for free abortion funded by taxpayers. The Federal Government has a Senate Inquiry, with further plans to potentially cement abortion as a federal law in Australia. Therefore, our Australian states may possibly not have the freedom that the US states were just granted.
ABC News quoted a unit nurse manager from Marie Stopes, the largest private abortion provider in Australia. She said,
“It was important for Australia to provide greater access to abortion services, given the global discussion sparked by the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade by the United States Supreme Court. I’d like to think that it did play a part in this funding.”
Let us stay close to the Lion of Judah, the Lamb Who was slain, and be a witness to the overturning of radical abortion laws that serve those who can profit from government-funded abortion and the sale of fetal tissue.
Jesus once said to those closest to Him,
“My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death.
Stay here and watch with Me.”
~ Matthew 26:38 (NKJV)
Let us see the Lord receive the reward for His suffering as abortion is overturned in the nations.
Father, we come to You in Jesus’ Name, and ask that Your will be done in our nation. Your word says in Daniel 2:21 (NKJV):
“It is He who changes the times and the periods;
He removes kings and appoints kings;
He gives wisdom to wise men,
And knowledge to people of understanding.”
We ask for the removal of any leaders in Australia that You deem to be unrighteous — those who are not behaving wisely. Remove those who are self-serving, prideful or puppets to the evil one. We repent as the church for having too long sat in the seat of mockers and stayed in a place of compliance — we repent for accepting that we are seemingly powerless to unseat unrighteous leaders ruling our nation.
Lord, let Your Ekklesia arise and fulfil Your plans to redeem all things. Lord, You said You will build Your church and the gates of Hades (Death) will not overcome her. We thank You for this grace; we thank You for putting Your cloak of Zeal (Isaiah 59:17) on Your righteous leaders who are standing for life. May they know Your deliverance and favour, to redeem the time for the unborn to be saved. We love You, Lord, and bless Your Name to be honoured in our nation. Amen.
- Ask for great grace to help to be one of those who keeps watch and prays for the complete removal of abortion on demand up to birth in Australia.
- We pray for every state and territory of Australia to come together to stand for life! For hearts to be awakened and every Christian to rally to rescue the unborn as the church rises up to “Walk for Life Adelaide” on 11 February and “March for Life” Brisbane — date TBA, Mackay “March for the Babies” October, and for other states to join in and hold rallies or walks in their cities.
These three current Pro-Life Issues before Parliaments:
- Pray that the Human Rights (Children Born Alive Protection) Bill 2022 be passed speedily in 2023. This Bill will protect babies who are currently, in most states of Australia, being left to die after a failed abortion. This protection for such babies is currently law in New South Wales (2019) and South Australia (2021) as amendments to the state Termination of Pregnancy Acts. This Federal Bill, if passed, will make this legislation National. Pray for protection for the three Federal Senators Alex Antic (Liberal Party), Matthew Canavan (National Party) and Ralph Babet (United Australia Party) who presented this Bill on 30 November 2022.
- On 28 September 2022, the Federal Senate referred an Inquiry into Universal Access to Reproductive Healthcare (abortion) to the Senate Standing Committee on Community Affairs. This enquiry is all about broadening abortion access and entrenching it into federal law, possibly overriding state laws. Pray that the Lord stops this from occurring.
- The passing in South Australia of the Statutes Amendment (Loss of Fetus) Amendment Bill 2022. Presented by MLC Sarah Game (One Nation). This bill would acknowledge the loss of an in-utero baby due to a criminal act, such as assault of the mother or dangerous driving — offences in their own right. This Bill is about justice and recognition of a life lost. Sadly abortion is not recognised as a criminal offence, but this bill will for the first time recognise the personhood of the unborn child.
Pray that abortion will not increase in Australia. The ACT Government has announced it will provide free abortions from 2023. There are also calls for taxpayers to fund abortions nationwide, and for nurses to be allowed to give out abortion pills.
Book your FREE Walk for Life 2023 Entry Tickets at LoveAdelaide.org.au. [Donate Here]