And in love He chose us before He laid the foundation of the universe!
Because of His great love, He ordained us,
so that we would be seen as holy in His eyes
with an unstained innocence.
For it was always in His perfect plan
to adopt us as His delightful children,
through our union with Jesus, the Anointed One,
so that His tremendous love that cascades over us would glorify His grace
— for the same love He has for the Beloved, Jesus, He has for us.
And this unfolding plan brings Him great pleasure!
~ Ephesians 1:4-6 TPT
Adoption is God’s idea, and it is a great idea! God wants every child to be embraced by someone who will care for them, protect and provide for, and most of all love them. His perfect plan can also mean, “He marked out our horizon [destiny] beforehand.”
The church is the ideal place to ‘raise up adoption’ by finding precious couples and families to take care of those who might otherwise face death by abortion or other tragic circumstances. God has placed the desire to adopt a child on many hearts, even those who have children.
The number of children given up for adoption in Australia dropped dramatically to almost zero after abortion was legalised over fifty years ago, and viable lives are being robbed of their God-given destinies on earth.
There has been a lot of fear attached to adoption, yet countless adults who are adoptees are very grateful and love their adopted family. There are many ways that those in the local church can support those who adopt — lightening the load as issues arise through extra prayer, financial help, babysitting, practical help or counselling.
The old adage, it takes a village to raise a child, can be seen to work particularly well among those who love the Lord and His family, who are willing to spread His love wider. It is like growing a garden — it will take time to establish, but will take root and flourish and create healthy living for families and singles to flourish. God has been raising up people to assist those wanting to adopt. One successful example in the USA is Christian Adoption Consultants. It would be great to see many more similar organisations raised up across this nation.
Heavenly Father, we thank You for those who have courageously given up their child for adoption, and for those who have generously given of themselves to adopt a child.
Lord, we ask for grace to help those who have this call on their lives hidden in their hearts to take steps to find the connections of children into families by Your Holy Spirit.
Lord, shift the mindset of our culture fed by media and movies — that adoption is fraught with disaster. Lord, we ask for grace to help Your church rise up with safe, effective adoption assistance, that children will be partakers of Your heart of love and mercy through adoption.
Lord, wash the reputation of Your church — clean and raise her up to be the most diligent and pure advocates for all children, including those in the womb. Let love motivate and sustain this powerful redemptive work in Jesus’ wonderful Name. Amen.
The one who eats My body and drinks My blood lives in Me and I live in him.
~ John 6:56 (TPT)
Acts of Repentance:
Identify a sole parent in your church or neighbourhood, and offer them assistance, all the while pouring out love to them. You might offer an outing to the Botanic Gardens, on a picnic or simply a walk. Help them with odd jobs like gardening, or invite them for a meal.
- Join our prayers with the USA in the battle to overturn Roe v. Wade — There is an abortion case (Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization) presently being considered by the nine US Supreme Court Judges which could overturn the famous abortion case Roe v. Wade (1973) which opened up abortion on demand in the USA for almost 50 years. This has resulted in the loss of life to over 62,000,000 babies in the USA. The verdict of the case is expected to be known in June 2022. If Roe v. Wade (1973) is overturned, or invalidated, it is expected that around half the states in the USA will move to make abortion illegal in their states. It is thought six out of the nine judges now have pro-life values.
- Pray that the Love Adelaide — Walk for Life 2022 on Feb 12th 10am-12pm will grow in momentum from the 5,000 last year — that nothing will hinder the church standing against legalised abortion, adding their strength and support to end the abortion crisis in our nation and beyond. Pray for more volunteers for the walk and for the weather to be favourable.
- Ask for the Babies Born Alive (Human Rights — Children Born Alive Protection Bill 2021) tabled in the Australian Federal Parliament to have favour, that it be allowed to go for a vote and be passed in this term of government with no more delay — so that in every state and territory in Australia, babies born alive after a failed abortion will receive proper medical care and legal protection.
- That people of South Australia will vote according to Life in the upcoming State Parliament elections. May they no longer support the politicians who voted for aborting viable babies even to full term, blocked vital lifesaving amendments and forbade all prayer and offers of help within 150 m of any place where abortions occur (including all major public hospitals).
- That many women and men will take up the call to be on the frontline in the fight for Life for the Unborn by joining a political party and running for office.
May God Bless you. Thank you for being a part of 21 Days of Hope for the Unborn.
‘And let us not grow weary while doing good,
for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.’
~ Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)