Victoria Legal Services Board
April 20, 2021
Dear Mrs Bennett
We have been following the legal challenges mounted by Advocate Me in Victoria courts. In particular the court challenge to the entire Covid 19 strategy of the Victoria Labor Government. We would also direct these questions to Premier Dan Andrews but we understand he is convalescing after a serious assault at Portsea.
1. Has your Board cancelled the solicitor’s practicing licence of Serene Teffaha?
2. On what grounds was it cancelled? At what precise time was Serene Teffaha notified of this cancellation?
3. Is your Board or its representative taking over Advocate Me client files?
4. Are these files in your possession?
5. Has your representative or the Board taken monies from the Advocate Me Trust Account or any other account?
6. For what purpose?
7. Has your Board or its representative requested all the client details of those participating in the class action against the government for its Covid responses?
8. Has the Board requested any other details of any other of Advocate Me clients?
9. What does the Board intend doing with the client details?
10. Has your Board or any of its representatives made any threats, verbal or otherwise against Serene Teffaha?
11. By what authority has the Board acted against Serene Teffaha?
12. Was there any request or pressure placed on yourself, other board members or representatives of your Board by the Attorney General, the Bar Association, the Law Society or politicians to take action against Serene Teffaha?
13. Has your Board ever received any complaints from an Advocate Me client in relation to a class action or any other matter involving Serene Teffaha?
14. Has your Board charged Serene Teffaha with any offence?
15. Is your Board now investigating any replacement lawyer who may have taken over Serene Teffaha’s files?
Your early advice would be appreciated. Cairns News is one of the largest independent news sites in Australia.
Robert J Lee